Saturday, January 1, 2011

[MOVIE] Gulliver travels review

Yes.. yes... Its been quite some time since I've been active on this blog but really want to be more active in blogging. I really do. On to the topic, recently I watched another film in the cinemas and this one is called Gulliver's Travels. I bet you heard that name somewhere. Yeah.
This movie is actually a classic tale told a long time ago. Recently becoming a flick starring Jack Black. Also known as our school of rock teacher and also the Kung Fu Panda.
Some people intend to watch movies just because their favorite actor is in it but I didn't go in and watch it with this intention. About the plot and the story, I don't wanna spoil anyone but this movie is slightly different from the classic tale. It has been modern-nized and also added tons of humor into this movie. The movie is about a average joe who has no courage when doing anything who suddenly founds himself in a ship sailing into the bermuda triangle, and what else happens? I think you know too.

Up to the review, I think this movie is mainly target at audiences aged 15-25 why? Because it hits those people's humor bone well. Its jokes and humor could be lame at times but still it hit the spot. I'm cool with that as I was entertained... at least. lol. Other than that, I also like how the story was told and how it changed from the original tale. Mostly about a small war between two worlds, these worlds are totally different. More of a comedy I would say. Random scenes with random humor... I think somehow it works for me. Also, if you are a tech savvy, you would understand the movie alot better. Not understand but getting the jokes.
Well, thats that. Catch it yourself too before its too late!

Overall rating : 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment