Wednesday, August 4, 2010

[Movie] Tekken Review

You guys remember my post a few days ago right?
Tekken is coming to cinemas!! And finally , I got the opportunity to catch this game based movie one day before the release date. All thanks to nuffnang <3

Lets get straight to the point shall we? Tekken... was so fucking awesome.
Is that a typo? No. Its not. Just wipe your eyes clean when reading the above again.
Yes its true. Tekken was awesome. It gave me such a shock really, getting to see a game based movie do so well. Lets get to the pros. What the heck am I thinking? Saying tekken is awesome, looking at the trailer, its gonna be fail like dragonball. Just wipe those inputs clean cause this one is something worth waiting and watching. It clears your impression on action movies ever again. To be more precise, fighting films. You remember the legends right? Wong fei hong, Ip man, ong bak, yeah they were fuckken awesome. But I tell you, this is one flick that combines all of those movie elements. Packed with almost every type of martial art in the movie, this one is a great challenge not to miss. Wing chun, thai kickboxing, you name it.
The fighting scenes, they will keep your eyes wide open. THEY DO NOT DISAPPOINT.

Okay other than that its storyline, not too bad. I am not a one to say I am disappointed with the storyline cause I never even played tekken before. But this movie seriously one hell of a kick on your impression of fighting movies. Blood scattering everywhere, the feeling you get watching your favourite character dealing with the worst villian, while sitting at the peak of your chairs. Yeah you get what I mean. About the looks of the character, well they do look like the ones in the game. Even though theres some difference but its quite oblivious.

Enough with the rolls, Check this one out in the cinema and you will not be disappointed.
Action packed, pro climax with never ending suspense.

Overall rating : 8.5/10

"You have always been fighting for yourself or one another, but you never realize that one day you will be fighting for all of us."

5 comments:

  1. Cant wait to watch this movie. Used to play the game as a kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. u sure give quite high rating for this movie .. for me , who knew this game ... think i'll give 4/10 ( my own opinion ) as the movie pack few episode of tekken game together n most of the character is not same ( gives the wrong feeling tat its not the character in the game ) .
    ex : marshall law ( no bruce lee feel , as in game its more like bruce lee movement n jump around ) jackhammer ( its suppost to be robot ... and ... body is far more bigger )
    :P
    those are just my personal opinion . try to watch to judge for urself :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol you play the game.. but i dont LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jack Ng
    I dont wanna judge right away but honestly I dont think I'll give it this high of a review too

    Asia News Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. just watch this movie...dissapointment 4 me though...the ending wasn't good enough...the fighting scene were not so bad, but not the best...the story telling was not very good, but still ok...the character were ok (almost accurate) except for christie monteiro and marshall law...5/10 from me...

    ReplyDelete