Saturday, September 4, 2010

[REVIEW] Fish & Noodle House @ Damansara

Its early in the morning, about 11am. What is in your mind? For most people, it would be..
"What are we gonna eat for breakfast?"
or
"Oi, jin kan sek mat yeh?"

How does fish noodle sound to you? Or grilled salmon with rice?
Sounds awesome right?
Here is one place that you have to try if you still have no idea where to go when you are feeling hungry as a seal.

Fish head noodles anyone?
What can I say about this restaurant? Packed and delicious.

I like to eat fish 001

Just look at the board of this restaurant, sure it looks old, but you can never judge food by its signboard outside. And yeah, they are patriotic. <
I like to eat fish 002

Just look at the amount of times this restaurant has been on the papers. Everyone wants more customers right? True enough...
I like to eat fish 003

My heavens, how full can this place be for such a small lot? Everyones munching away and this system never ends..

Well, I bet you heard this quote before.. "The more customers there is in a restaurant, the better the food." You'd never go in a restaurant with no customers am-I-right?
I like to eat fish 004

The MENU. Pricing? Reasonable. You can order anything on the menu too. (Unlike some restaurants...)
I like to eat fish 005

Cute deco. haha.
I like to eat fish 013

Drinks. On the left, Chrysanthemum tea. When thinking of ordering chrysanthemum tea, you will usually think, EYYER, Yeo's tin can drink again worr..... rm1.50 that one, so ciplak..
But as for this restaurant, no, they use the real thing, FLOWER included. Result? A bittery taste of flower with water. And thats a compliment.

As for barley... add your own sugar! Some like it sweet, but some don't.

Chrysanthemum tea, RM 2.20.
Barley Ice, RM 1.80.
I like to eat fish 007

Yup. Its what people come here for. This is.... The fish fillet noodle!
Why not the fish head.. okay... because I dislike fish head >.<
On to the review... this fish fillet noodle comes w/ or without condensed milk, but obviously if you add in condensed milk, it tastes much much more SPECIAL.
As for the first spoonful to your mouth, I tell you, you will not regret ordering this dish at all.
That soup with that soft bihun... just godly. Comes with tomato and the fish fillet.

Fish Fillet Noodle, RM9.50.
I like to eat fish 016
I like to eat fish 009

My main course. Of course.
Salmon Fish Fillet. With plain rice. Yup it does seem bland.. I mean.. who would just eat fish and rice, without anything else? (Tomatoes excluded)

But this is also one dish that you have to try in order to complete your life.
This grilled salmon is the complete OPPOSITE of tasteless.
Soft salmon grilled... filled with flavor... I bet you can eat it without rice.
Best of all, BONELESS!

Salmon fillet with rice RM 17.40.
I like to eat fish 010

This one is something more unique. Rice mixed with small pieces of seaweed and bits of salmon.
It is something different.. But when trying something new.. whats that excitement that suddenly jolts into you.. its good.

I mean yeah, I can't even describe this rice properly. I beg of you not to lick this picture to taste it. Just go down to the restaurant and try it yourself. This rice comes with A bowl of soup with "Tornado shaped" fishballs. Awesome eh?

Salmon rice with soup RM 7.00.
I like to eat fish 011

Fish and chips yes.. more fish.
Can't deny that you always like to eat that fish and chips in western cuisine. Yup, you can try that in this restaurant too.. WITH RICE!

Dip them into the tartar sauce, and don't forget your tissues.
Crunchy on the outside, soft in the inside, classic and yummy indeed.

Fish Fillet with rice RM 13.00
I like to eat fish 012
Yup come on down to the FISH AND NOODLE house and try them out for yourself!
You won't regret this, cause I told you hehe.

Recommended for... fish lovers :)

Rating: 4/5

Business hour 8am-4pm.
Closes on 1st and 3rd monday of the month.

Address:
77, Jalan SS20/11, Damansara Kim, 47400 Petaling Jaya Selangor.
Call Low @ 016-3958737 for inquiries.

3 comments:

  1. I know about this place but haven't been there yet. The price kinda expensive for damansara huh.. But I know along there got few more fish head noodle store.. Along the super tanker row

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Salmon Fish Fillet looks interesting !

    ReplyDelete