Sunday, September 12, 2010

[REVIEW] Kura at One World Hotel, One Utama

More food reviews, man I think that this blog has the potential to become a food blog. NOT!
Anyway, Japanese food can only reach a certain standard, a hint of authenticity and a clear ambiance of harmony. This restaurant , amazingly achieved all of the above.

This restaurant is called KURA. But through my knowledge of chinese Japanese this word means Hidden. If its wrong, please correct me. And it really makes the cut, it is sure well hidden in 1 Utama, I bet most of the readers won't even know theres such a restaurant other than that FREAKING overrated sushi Zanmai and Sushi King.

Well, for the word hidden, it also can mean its hidden sense of food making. Its hidden power within. Thats why I'm opening this gate for you. The hidden taste behind this restaurant revealed.

Here we go, I'll run through what I think of the restaurant.

2 words, as usual, Hidden and Harmonious.
sik yuen + one world 009

Big nice signboard outside of the restaurant.
sik yuen + one world 010

Nice arrangement? haha.
sik yuen + one world 011

Man, awesome sake collection!
sik yuen + one world 013

Great Menu design, lettering too. Gives that high class feel.
sik yuen + one world 016

Waiter in the midst of a battlefield.
sik yuen + one world 018

Some people like it fresh'ly chopped (Doesn't mean if you sit somewhere far, all you will get is stale food)
Just look at the handling of the fishes, the attitude of the people there, NICE.
The way they do it, the punctuality, perfect.
sik yuen + one world 019
sik yuen + one world 020

Nature themed, don't ya think.
About the wasabi here, honestly, not that good. It has not enough of that 'spicyness' you get in those natural horseradishes. I've tasted better wasabi in my life.
sik yuen + one world 021

Lets start with the appetizer shall we? Tamago. Also known as EGG.
If you ever been here before, but DIDN'T order the tamago here before, you are at a big loss.
A very big loss. The tamago here is sooooooo DAMN perfect. The best egg EVER. Layered and layered again. You are a fool if you think this dish is just a freaking appetizer. Takes time to make perfection even possible. Yes this is it.
The food review that is not even possible to describe. It is so good, man you have to go check up your tastebuds if you disagree.

The flavor, the texture, the everything. YOU WILL WANT MORE.
Perfection made possible.

*Wait... isn't this just egg? haha*

Tamago Appetizer, RM 10
sik yuen + one world 022

Next round, SUSHI! Everyone looves sushi right? Sadly some don't... but I don't care! har.
When some people talk about raw food, all they think is... eyer, raw food, so yuk, imma puke 1st..
Man, I really hate those type of people, you'll never love something if you don't try something right. You'll never know.

This is the Caterpillar roll, made famous around the malaysian sushi district.
Avocado on top, unagi and tamago on the inside. Classic dish.
What I can tell after my first bite, this sushi doesn't deserve the caterpillar name anymore.
The soft avocado on the top, the crunchy unagi on the inside, it will give your mouth a nice refract on the good food and bad food.

Caterpillar roll, RM 25.
sik yuen + one world 023

Yes, I know some of you may think, "aish, these type of sushi go jusco also can buy lar.
So rich kanninia these type of bloggers."
Well, even those small sushi can make a difference, and you can feel that difference if your mouth can even detect it.

The Negitoro maki, is just something small, something not worthy to look forward to put inside your mouth. NO. This small thing has the whole package.
Just go and try it already, will you?

Negitoro maki RM12.
sik yuen + one world 026

If you had known me for a very long time, you will know what type of food to treat me if you are keen on making me a very happy boy.
Temaki is gods personal gift made just for me.
I mean seriously, temaki is .... just the no.1 food I can think of when eating japanese.
What I look forward to when eating japanese.
But the worst thing is, it doesn't last long. One bite, and its all gone.

So as for these 2 temaki-es, One of them, is cranky salmon, which I ordered, while the other is soft shell crab temaki.
sik yuen + one world 027

A close up shot of the cranky salmon. What is the cranky salmon temaki anyway?
Actually, its just salmon smothered in spicy mayonnaise, topped of with crunchy bits of chips.
Not exactly potato chips, but chips.
First bite into my mouth, instant Mouth-gasm. Really, the sushi rice, the crunchyness, the spicyness, the raw salmon. MAN, I drool thinking of it.
Its sooooooooo good, I can't think of a word to describe this holy mother of temaki-es.

Cranky Salmon Temaki, RM 9 ea.
sik yuen + one world 028

My main course, and yes I'm already quite tired typing so much crap on this post that some don't even bother reading.
Okay... so only rich people just order sushi for their dinner, and 1 japanese dinner just isn't complete without a japanese dinner set.
This is... Yakiniku Rice dinner set. A dinner set in this restaurant comes with Rice, salad, miso soup, chawanmushi, a small portion of seafood, fruits, ginger and of course, THE BEEF!
This soft beef, after mixing with rice, you can really taste the softness of the beef, and you will know that it is cooked at the perfect temperature. The whole package. Not teppanyaki tho.
If you are a japanese food lover, I think you will understand what I'm trying to express after looking at that wonderful picture.

Yakiniku Rice Dinner set, RM42.
sik yuen + one world 030

Same as the above, and if you like your beef harder and chewy-er, this one is for you.

Teppanyaki dinner set, RM 35.
sik yuen + one world 032

This is the Buri Kama, also a part of a fish that I really don't know, but my mom ordered this so...
I'll leave it to you whether you like it or not. Yeap, its recommended.
Btw, its on the promotion menu! yay!

Buri Kama, RM 25.
sik yuen + one world 033

As for the last dish, one of the most classic in japanese cuisine, Chicken teriyaki dinner set.
The teriyaki here is seriously something worth looking forward to. Because of its top burnt, bottom, soft and nice source of the chicken, its unique, different from the others.
Just try it out!

Chicken Teriyaki to Sushi Set, (Didn't take pictures for the sushi beside) RM 45.
Yeah as for the sushi, real fresh sushi.

This is something new for me, cause this post is freaking long and I had put quite an amount of effort writing it.
And why is this food review different? Because I took those pics with a TAMRON 24-70 f2.8.
AWESOME RIGHT? Yeah. Freaking awesome.
Overall rating: 4.5/5

Okay yeah , the address. Check this one out. You will be amazed.
KURA JAPANESE RESTAURANT, One world hotel, First Avenue, Off dataran bandar utama, Bandar Utama, 47800 , Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Call 03-77269660 for inquires.

1 comment: