Friday, May 28, 2010

Lets, Feed!

Oh nom nom nom nom.
As you can see, I have a "surprise" for you people that come by as today, I am going to do 2 FOOD REVIEWS. HOU YEH!
Well here it goes. *First time doing a "real" review hahahaha*

So whats the restaurant?
It's called Betty's Midwest Kitchen located at Aman Suria.
First glance of the restaurant, already can sense the smell and taste of AMERICAN food.
Time I been there? 1145 hours.
Around breakfast.

As you can see, this is the nice american feel entrance.
You can look at the opening and closing time clearly.(Obviously, LOL)
Alright then. *PUSHES*

Grab a seat and get hold of the menu, really nice printing, good view at the start, but always, don't judge a book by its cover, literally. XD

Really interesting stuff they have here, like steaks, burgers,pork chops, etc.
Typical american food, western food style.

A view to my left of the restaurant, nice homey feel, air conditioning, clean place.
As you can see, I'm actually sitting right in front of the kitchen! LOL

*Irrelevent picture.*

Soup of the day. Not bad. A sip of the soup reminds you quick of homemade soup, really nourishing and refreshing feel as it is floating with celery , carrots , even macaroni.
Might differ everyday LOL Soup of the DAY right..
Garlic bread was quite hard, but quite tasty too, the usual garlic bread.

Pig in a blanket.
You can really understand why its called that by looking at it, pork sausages wrapped in bacon?
YUM, good appetizer. Great finger food as it has a saucy and juicy feel to it and dashed with a slight of sauce.

Country Chicken W/ Mashed potato.
Oh I must say... this is a really great dish. I mean the mashed potato, goodness. Hadn't had such mashed potato in years.. Maybe lacking of eating american food after so long but yeah.
The mashed potato in this dish, nice.
The chicken seemed like quite normal to me, it lacks crunchyness.

The pulled pork burger, didn't try this, but the burger was A-OK.
My brother chose this dish so I'm not so sure lol

And finally! My main course hehehe. What did I chose to eat? The cheeseburger!
I'm always a fan of cheeseburgers so theres nothing wrong with me with another one. *Greedy*
Hmmm... so what do I think of this cheeseburger... The beef, meh. I think that its americanized making the beef like homemade as the beef has celery and onions in it... abit cakey huh.
Above the beef, bacons! But sadly the bacons weren't those crunchy type that I hoped that it would be..It also was kinda dry so, 6/10 rating. Didn't much impress me LOL
Came with fries so, the fries are like the typical kind.
The price was really reasonable to me though. RM12.00.
The burger size was like the sizes they have in Chillies.

This one amazed me. Guess what is this....

Macaroni and cheese? LOL
Yes it is.. maybe I've had the kenny rodgers macaroni and cheese in mind but this was different.
This isn't the macaroni and cheese with sauce, this one was covered in pieces of cheese!
Really nice to initiate your tastebuds in a totally different way.
Definitely approves this one.

As for my drink, I ordered root beer because on their menu root beer was on the "MUST HAVE" status, the price, rm5.50, WHAT? lol
But I can feel that their root beer was "homemade", not all those A&W cans and pour inside.
OK-OK , what more can you get from root beer anyway?

Total rating.......................... 6/10!

So come on, check it out yourself yo!
Betty's Midwest Kitchen @
Jalan PJU 1/43, Aman Suria, Petaling Jaya
www.midwestkitchen.com.my


Now its up for my second review on a totally different restaurant.
LIN YUAN STEAMBOAT KITCHEN is located at queens park, really nice place cause when I arrived, I saw tons of people feeding themselves there, the more people, the better it is? lol

So whats so special about this place? Why come so far to KL for this?
Steamboat....wait what?
Steamboat with pumpkin porridge soup? NOWAYZ MAN.
Yes way. Thats what I'm talking about..
As you can see from the above, YUM YUM YUM

So when your here the raw food will be counted on heads of people. So price differs.
I really recommend the QQ toufu and also the SUI GAO as both of them impressed me.
Really nice place to have a great dinner. There are also plenty of shops around so after you eat you can check them out!


An Egg boiled in the "soup". NICE pumpkin taste + Egg.
This is quite a short review but its really not bad! Try and come down to try this alternate steamboat yourself!

Total review 7.5/10
Lin Yuan Pumpkin Steamboat @ Peel Road , Queens park, Cheras.
Check it out yo!

Thats about it for todays post, woot tiring after bring out for the whole day.

No comments:

Post a Comment